fun things to do in front of nerdy boys
intentionally mix up zelda and link
refer to anime as “japanese kids cartoons”
pronounce pokemon as pokey-mon
respond to everything they say with “oh yeah my baby brother likes that!”
I am a nerdy boy and I assure you the only reactions you would get from this are crying or outbursts of rage
you act like your tears aren’t EXACTLY what i want
(Source: cephalodogs, via blowsquarebreaths)
hollywood sure has an easy time finding brown and black people to play terrorists, thugs, drug dealers, gangsters, servants, “barbarians”, hypersexualized or desexualized caricatures but all of a sudden you need a lead role and
gosh where did they go i swear we put them here right after zero dark thirty??
Can’t even find them to play black and brown people in movies ABOUT black and brown people.
(Source: gaymergirls, via blowsquarebreaths)
Jumanji taught us that the scariest thing in the African jungle is the white guy with a gun.
Some other facts about Josephine Baker (Freda Josephine McDonald)
- She first married at the age of 13
- She danced alongside Ethel Waters at the Plantation Club in New York City
- She tried to bring her career to America in 1936 but the racism forced her back to France
- She was a member of the Free French forces during WWII
- She also worked for the French Resistance during WWII. She smuggled messages in her underwear and music sheets.
- She was awarded the Croix de Guerre and the Legion of Honour for her work with the French military
- She was married 4 times
- She adopted 12 children from around the world
- She attended the March on Washington and was one of the speaker’s
- In 1973 she finally got to perform at Carnegie Hall in NYC
- Princess Grace of Monaco was a friend of Josephine Baker
- Josephine Baker died in her sleep of a cerebral hemorrhage on April 12, 1975 at the age of 69
- Over 20,000 people attended her funeral procession in Paris
- May 20th is Josephine Baker Day as declared by the NAACP because of her Civil Rights work
(Source: biography.com, via blowsquarebreaths)
i can’t wait for my grandchildren to wish they lived in the era of beyoncé
"You can’t front like this ain’t way realer
I know you hard, I know that you a killa
I know you started off a dope dealer but let your guards down
Your niggas know that you feel her”
(Source: minajsreign, via betrayedbyme-ff)
friend: i’m getting mcdonalds you want anything?
me: i don’t have money
friend: it’s all good, i’ll pay